Book

Displaying items by tag: Osborne

Head north on Grange Hall Road and note the beautiful brick homestead of the John Archer family on the west side of the road, originally built by a member of the Darst family in 1841.  The east end of the wooded lot across the road was one of two stone quarries operated by the family.  Quarries then were either a hand-dug gravel pit or an open creek bed where limestone slabs were extracted for the construction of foundations and cellars.

In the image above, the quarries are the crescent-shaped hash marks.

Navigation

Featured Image

Contact Info

Emailbrett@brettwilliford.com

Phone : 937-985-3223

Get Social